G-4, G-6, G-7, G-8, G-20 are all an international organization. In which different countries of the world are included. This organization is decided on the basis of how many members are included in it. Like- 4 countries are included in G-4 (Group of Four). The G-6 (Group of Six) consists of six.The G-7 (Group of Seven) consists of 7 countries.
Similarly G-4, G-6, G-7, G-8, G-20 organizations have been formed. Now let us know what is the main objective of these organizations? Which countries are included in this? We are going to tell all these things through this article.
What is G-4 (Group of Four)? :-
It is an international organization of 4 countries. Which was established in 2005. This is the main purpose of this group. How to get permanent membership in the Security Council in the UN (which is the Security Council of the United Nations). 5 countries have got permanent membership of the Security Council.
The names of those 5 countries include the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China. These 5 countries have permanent membership.You have such a power to stop any proposal which is called “Veto Power”. When the United Nations Organization was being formed in 1945, these five countries became such that they got the power of veto power.
Now, including India, four countries are also demanding temporary membership in the Security Council. These 4 countries are called G-4 (Group of Four).Those who want permanent members in the Security Council “Veto Power”. Let us know which are these four countries.
1.India 2. Japan
3. Germany 4. Brazil
What is G-6 (Group of Six) organization :-
It is an international organization of 6 countries. It was established in the year 1975. These 6 countries have a lot of industrial potential.This is a very developed country. Let us know which are these countries.
1. United States of America 2. Britain
3. Germany 4. France
5. Italy 6. Japan
This 6 country is included in G-6 (Group of Six). After this, Canada was included in this group in 1976. So the name of this organization became G-7 (Group of Seven). After this, Russia was also included in it in 1998. The grouping became G-8 from G-7 after Russia joined. But in 2014, Russia invaded Crimea and took it back. The Crimea was a state of Ukraine.
Let us tell you that returning it means that this Crimea was earlier of Russia, which was later given to Ukraine. But in 2014, Russia took it back by invading. This was the reason why Russia was expelled from this G-8 because of this invasion.And it went from G-8 to G-7 again. Which is still in the form of G-7.Now which countries are included in G-7. Let’s know.
1. United States of America 2. Britain
3. Germany 4. France
5. Itely 6.Japan
The 48th meeting of this organization was to be held in 2022 in the Bavarian Alps in Germany. Let’s know about it in detail.
What is G-20 (Group of Twenty) and which countries are included in it? :-
It is an international organization of 20 countries, including 19 countries and one European Union. It was established in 1999. It is known as a group of 20 largest economies of the world.It was established by the G-7 in cooperation with both developed and developing economies.It was established as a consultative forum between finance ministers and central bank governors of the world’s major economies.
Its purpose is to promote global economic development, international trade and regulation of financial markets. Let us first know who are the members of this G-20.
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom,The United States and the European Union countries are included.
In addition, Spain is invited as a permanent non-member.Which participates in the G-20 conference every year. The group represents 85% of global GDP, 75% of global trade and two-thirds of the world’s population.
Know about the structure of G-20 :-
• It does not have any permanent secretariat/headquarters.
• The post of president in this rotates annually among the member countries involved in a process.
•Every year the member country assuming the office of the President works in coordination with the country of the previous and upcoming year. This process is collectively called the Troica. To understand this in simple language, the group of countries which presides over the last year, the current year and the country after that is called Troica.
•The chairman of the group is responsible for implementing the G-20 agenda and developing the global economy in consultation with other members.
• The meeting of this forum is organized every year.
What is the function of G-20? :-
Its functions are divided into two parts.
1.Sherpa Track –It focuses on business issues like political engagement, anti-corruption, development, energy etc.
2. Finance Track –It focuses on financial regulation, fiscal issues and currency in all meetings with finance ministers and central bank governors of the G-20 group and their representatives.
• Both the Sherpa and Finance tracks rely on the technical and substantive work of a series of expert working groups.
• Apart from this, G-20 works on various social issues with its official engagement groups such as Business 20, Labor 20, Civil 20, Think 20, Science 20, Women 20, Urban 20 and and Youth 20.
Important Points of G-20 Summit :-
1. The first annual G-20 summit with the participation of G-20 national presidents and heads of government was held in Washington in the year 2008.
2. India is presiding over the 2023 summit.
3. Its theme for 2023 is “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or “One Earth.
4. Last year its Presidency was Indonesia. This year it will be India and next year it will be Brazil. Countries in the troika in 2023 include Indonesia, India and Brazil.
How powerful are the countries involved in G-20? :-
1.G-20 countries lead 50% of the world’s economy.
2. 75% of the trade is done by these countries only.
3. In the world’s economy, these 20 countries are surveyed.
4. 66% of the world’s population lives in these countries.
Read also –